Pages

Tuesday 31 December 2019

New Zealand's poverty has to be dealt with!!

Dear Mrs. Ardern:

I am writing this letter to inform you about poverty in New Zealand.

Related imageI've seen people on the street with a limited amount of things to survive on. One of them was sitting in front of a cafe and had a sign that said, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. Underneath that, it said, Can I please have some food. Last year, I saw a family with hungry-looking children getting ready to sleep on top of an old mattress. It was a very sorrowful sight.

In my opinion, I suggest gathering up all the people living on the streets and donating a large box of food to each of the families every week. Another idea is putting all the homeless people in some sort-of motel for the poor. Others can encourage them to get a job. They could soon start paying their room's rental payment. I would also suggest that people would stop looking down on them.

I will expect you to make the right choice and take action within New Zealand's poverty matter.

Yours faithfully,
Roneeza.


Image attribution - stuff.co.nz

2 comments:

  1. Great letter Sherry and well done on attributing your picture. Poverty is a HUGE issue here in NZ isn't it?! We actually went and filled up a pataka kai yesterday which doesn't solve the issue but helps a little. Keep blogging, and commenting on others, to increase your chance of winning one of the awesome prizes and to keep up your learning over the school break!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ron, I like how you described what you saw that's about the homeless and the poor, I feel really bad for them, we have little money to donate to the homeless, how can we save money so that we can help them? I agree Jacinda should take action on making a change of NZ's poverty and I also like the suggestion you said to letting the homeless live in motels or even just a place to live, it doesn't need to be that fancy. As making a change of NZ's poverty, that wouldn't be that easy so we gotta need some help, who would help to change NZ's poverty, to governments to organisations, you name it!

    ~ Ana

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.