Pages

Saturday 4 January 2020

What can you see in this picture?

Image result for the starry night

I can see a village down below the picture. I can see a white building in the middle of the village, assuming it's a Church. There are tiny windows with a tiny amount of yellow in it, which would probably mean the families that live in the house have not gone to sleep yet. I can see hills just above the village. Observe that on the left side of the picture, the hills (or bushes) are green, and that there are small, slightly curved blue lines on it. As the hills goes upwards and towards the right of the picture, the hills become a shade of light blue, with dark blue paint that appears to be little curved lines. Also shown on the left side of the page is some-what curvy figure, that might just the bean-stalk from the story "Jack and the Bean-Stalk." It's like a bush with thick, curved bushes and they all grow up to be as tall as the sky-tower in NZ. In the sky, I can see whirls of different shades of blue, and a hint of yellow from the stars and moon. The yellow dots that is surrounded by lighter shades of yellow to me appears to be stars. The moon is in a crescent shape, and like that stars, is surrounded by lighter shades of yellow. Though unlike the stars, the moon has a stronger yellow-ish color that was used to paint it. The swirls in the sky to me appears to be the wind, dancing through the sky, as it goes to it's next location. The white curves on top of the hills to me looks like icy mountains. The houses in the village were nicely detailed, and all the streaks of curved lines in everything you see can almost make you believe that the image was painted when that exact place actually existed. If it were up to me to guess what the weather was like, I'd say that the image was based in the middle of winter, all the wavy curves and lines told me that it was a cold and windy night. The stars and moon in the sky, how there is lighter shades of yellow colors surrounding them, they reminded me of the street lights in the city when it is night-time. Everything is bright, everything is beautiful. Everything seems magical.

Image attribution - etsy.com

8 comments:

  1. Kia ora Roneeza,

    What a beautiful observation. My favourite part is where you identify that the comparison of the curvy figure to 'Jack and the Beanstalk'. How smart! Throughout this whole post you have used incredible descriptive language, you could be a writer with this kind of talent! :)

    Keep up the fantastic work.

    Nga mihi
    Erica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Erica,
      The story of Jack and the Beanstalk had just popped into my mind when I had trouble trying to describe the mysterious figure. Thank you for the compliment. I'm not usually that good in writing so it meant a lot :) Thank you for your comment and have a blessed week!
      Roneeza

      Delete
    2. By the way, I have accedentaly used my account I use at home to reply to your comment. My bad..!

      Delete
  2. Great observations and explanations Sherry - you really have an eye for detail! I saw this picture in New York in 2005 when I visited the art museum there. Keep blogging, and commenting on others, to increase your chance of winning one of the awesome prizes and to keep your learning up over the school break!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Evening Mrs Collins,
      Thank you for your comment! I tweaked up my thoughts that I had written on grammarly and presented them on my blog :) I hope that isn't recognized as cheating... I haven't been to the museum in a few years, now that I think about it. Have a blessed week!
      Roneeza

      Delete
  3. Hi Ron, I see you needed to describe the amazing painting, I see you've used your observation skills, that's why it's so descriptive. Speaking of this tall beanstalk that actually looks like from the story "Jack And The Beanstalk", very impressive about thinking about the story. I see you also put a few similes that also makes your description more detailed, good job. Apart from all the writing, let's talk about the painting, I see you have a drawing talent and you love painting, would you like to become a painter someday?

    ~ Anamaria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Ana,
      Thanks for noticing how well I've described this painting. The story had just popped into my mind when I had trouble describing the black figure. I wasn't too familiar with similies, until the beginning of week 2 in the SLJ. I was researching some mistakes I found in some of my writing I was checking on grammarly, and I came across the word 'similies'. I'm not too sure if I wuold want to become a painter, but designing clothes is a minor interest.. Anyway, looking forward to seeing you at school! >:3
      Roneeza

      Delete
  4. Talofa Ida,
    Faafetai lava XD. I'm not really that type of person who has a talent of writing, so thanks a lot :) Have a lovely time at college! (When you go of course).
    Your truly, Roneeza

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.