Pages

Friday 10 January 2020

You can't be brave if you've only had wonderful things happen to you - Mary Tyler Moore



I remembered I haven't done the Week 1, Day 2, Activity 3, the Hudson Miracle. I have to speak of a time when I (or someone I know) has done something brave.

My friend stayed up late because he was watching movies. Eventually, he got tired and he had to walk up the stairs to his room. He was scared of the dark, so it took him time to think about sleeping where he was or if he was to go up the stairs (with no light) to his bedroom and his comfortable bed. He chose to walk up the stairs and over came his fear of the dark... The End!!

Note by the publisher:
I know this isn't much, and I'm sorry. I promise to be more descriptive in my next SLJ post. Though I think he was really scared... Of the dark.... I asked him if I could use this as an example for my Summer Learning Journey activity and he agreed. Have a lovely holiday everyone :)

Image result for boy scared of the dark
Image attribution - dreamstime.com

6 comments:

  1. Hi Sherry, I really like the narrative you shared about being brave... sometimes being brave can be tough too, I'm glad your friend showed the courage that they did and that you supported them! Keep blogging, and commenting on others, to increase your chance of winning one of the awesome prizes and to keep up your learning over the school break!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Mrs Collins,
      Thank you for your comment. It really encourages me :)
      Kind regards, Roneeza

      Delete
  2. Kia ora Roneeza,

    Thank you for sharing the story about the time your friend was brave. It's also really great to hear you checked in with him to ensure it was OK for you to share the story, that's always important and respectful :)

    Would you be able to tell us about why you chose 'You can't be brave if you've only had wonderful things happen to you - Mary Tyler Moore' as your inspirational quote? We'd love to hear about it :)

    Nga mihi
    Erica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Erica,
      Thank you for your comment. I searched up some quotes about being brave and came across this amazing quote. It really inspired me because it is so true, so I decided to use it as my title :) For a deeper explanation, when good things happen to you, you don't get the chance to stand out or act heroic in any way. I mean, everyone has to at least have experienced ONE scary thing in their lives. Anyway, that is my own version of what this quote means to me..!
      Kind regards, Roneeza

      Delete
    2. Kia ora Roneeza,

      Thanks for opening up and sharing the meaning behind why you chose that quote. That was a great interpretation of the quote! :)

      When I read that quote I think of how when we are faced with challenges in our life that is the moment we get to show our character and what we believe in! When things go right, we aren't pressed into having to make the hard decisions. Do you agree with my interpretation? Or what do you think?

      Nga mihi
      Erica

      Delete
    3. Hey Erica,
      Yes, I do agree with your interpretation. Very interesting.. :) It is important to show our true selves and what we believe in!! Have great holiday!
      Roneeza

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.