Pages

Friday 10 January 2020

Feast or Famine..?

I would participate in the 20-40 hour famine because if it helps people in need, then I'm all for it. It would be so much fun seeing people (including myself) go without food for 20-40 hours. It's hard at first, but all you need to think about... Is how much people your saving right now..! Doesn't make you feel good when you help someone out, or when you do your chores and you get paid for it? You see, it's all worth it in the end when you put your mind, heart and soul into whatever your doing. I like helping people out, but I don't do it often. So for me, this is a great way to start helping the children in Uganda. For those who are reading this, I encourage you to continue (or start) helping others in need. Make a change in this world. :)

Link to video of the children in Uganda

"Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them."
(Quote by William Shakespeare)

Watching this video has made me realize that, whatever you have or may not have, it doesn't matter. Stay positive and think positive. You aren't going to get anywhere with a negative attitude, you'll only hurt yourself. Stay happy thinkers, readers :)

6 comments:

  1. Kia ora Roneeza,

    Wow, Augustine. It sounds like you are a really compassionate and empathetic person. It is always important to help people in need when we can, as some people can't afford important basics like water, blankets, or food.

    If you joined the 20 or 40 hour famine, what would you give up? Would it be food, or would you give up technology? Or do you have a whole different idea? :)

    Nga mihi
    Erica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Erica,
      Thank you for your compliment :) Have you ever felt like looking away from the people on the street because you just want to sit in a corner and cry? I've felt that way before... I am working on trying to act kind towards the people at my school. I would give up eating food and maybe technology. Have a blessed week!
      Roneeza

      Delete
    2. Kia ora Sherry,

      I understand what you mean. It really is heartbreaking. That is why it's awesome to get involved with charities who help people in need!

      Enjoy your weekend, Roneeza!

      Nga mihi
      Erica

      Delete
  2. The 2020 World Vision 40hr famine this year is on 5th-7th June - why not see if you could do something as a class at SPS Sherry, I'm sure Ms George would support you all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. G'day Mrs Collins,
      That's a great idea..! I'll try to remember that so I could inform Ms George about it. Thank you for your thoughtful comment :)
      Roneeza

      Delete
  3. Ello Ron, looks like you explained what your experience would be like if you had done it, looks really true as you actually done it, good job. Looks easy when you see but it's really hard (Or maybe not but I'm pretty sure it is) but it's for the children in Northern Uganda so it's alright. If you would have done the 20 or 40 hour hour famine with someone who would you do it with, probably me or our other friends or maybe with one of your siblings. Hope you respond ;D

    ~ Anamaria

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.