Pages

Tuesday 23 May 2017

It's very important to love your mother because she loves you!

Mother’s day was a very busy event for my family!
During the weekend, my family and I celebrated Mother’s day.


First, my older sister and I woke up early to go and buy some breakfast from Mcdonald’s, flowers and cards for my grandma. We bought the flowers from Pak’n Save and the flowers were really colourful, and my mum thought it would look nice in my grandma’s house. She showed it to me and asked me if it looked good. I thought it looked good because on the petals were my favourite colours: purple, pink, blue and green.


Next, my mum drove to my grandma’s house to give  give her the gifts that we have bought for her. My grandma was surprised to see us at the door, because she wasn’t expecting us. My sister and I said Happy Mother’s day to her and gave her a hug. Then she told us to come in and she handed me seven cans of corn beef in a plastic bag. After my sister and I thanked her, we drove back to my house.


When we got there, my sister and I raced into the house to see if the breakfast for my mum is ready. Unfortunately, it wasn’t ready, but we still had just enough time to get it ready. Soon it was finished. The final step was placing our card on the tray where my mum’s breakfast was. When I gave it to her, she asked us to sing a song. We sang Happy Mother’s Day, which was similar to Happy Birthday, but in different we just replaced the word ‘birthday’ with ‘mother’.


Later on, we put on a movie on the television. The movie was called Megamind. It was funny and Hilarious!
Some parts made me laugh but some parts made confused me  . It was a movie that my  family and I haven't watched for a long time, so I thought it was a good idea to watch it.


My favourite part during the weekend was when I gave my mum my poem card. This was my favourite part because I like poems, except when I have to think of rhyming words. This is one of my favourite Mother’s Day ever. I can’t wait until the next  years Mother’s Day!
Learning Intention: We are learning to follow the structure of a recount.
Success Criteria: I know I can do this when I write the introduction, events and a conclusion about  my weekend.
Image result for Mother's Day

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.