Pages

Monday 18 January 2021

Rise Up



I've created my song based around teenager mind-sets and thoughts. Sometimes, while we're growing up, we think we know better and decide to walk alone through a tough situation people can actually help you with. For example, you have a set goal in mind and then succeed through hard work and determined efforts. Then you start to lose sight of more important things, such as family and your friends, basically everyone who has helped you get to where you are today. We, as youngsters, often forget about the little things our parents do that helped us grow up in a better environment that what other people in the world go through. The last two lines of this chorus 'Life doesn't get easier, you just get stronger,' are my favourite lines, because it speaks the truth. As said from the philosophers and deep thinkers, Six60, don't forget your roots, my friend. Don't forget your family. 


(I hope you forgive me for not putting in an audio, I couldn't find a way to upload the audio to my blog)

2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Roneeza,

    Fiona here from the Summer Learning Journey team. I really enjoyed reading your inspirational song lyrics and the supportive message you have written on your blog. The words you write are very wise and uplifting. Thank you for sharing this - I'm sure it will be a source of encouragement to all that read it.

    I completely agree that 'Life doesn't get easier, you just get stronger.' Six60 are one of my favourite NZ bands and I was lucky enough to go to their Auckland concert last year. Do you enjoy listening to their music and do you have a favourite Six60 song?

    Sorry to hear you couldn’t add audio to your blog. You might find this video about how to make a screencastify video helpful.

    Keep up the great work.

    Ka kite anō,

    Fiona (SLJ).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Fiona,
      Thank you for commenting. I, too, am a minor Six60 fan. My favourite song written by them is 'The Greatest' that was recently released in 2019. Thank you for sharing the link!
      Kind regards,
      Roneeza.

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.