Pages

Wednesday 9 May 2018

The Lost Son!


Learning Intention: We are learning to retell the story of the lost son.   Luke chapter 15: verse 11 to 32
(You can follow our voices in this video and read down bellow, or you can look up the story on the internet or on the bible, headphones recommended)
Jesus then carried on and told this story to them, “There was once a man who had two sons. His youngest son said, “Father, give me my share of your property.” So his father divided his property between his two sons. After a few days, the younger son sold his share of the property and left his home with the money. He wasted all his money on reckless living. After that, he went to work for one of the citizens living in the country who sent him out to his farm to look after his pigs. He was starting to get hungry, and wished he could eat the bean pods, which was what the pigs ate because no one gave him something to eat. Later, the son said, “ All my father’s paid workers have more than they can eat and here I am about to starve. I will get up and go to my father and say, “I have sinned against God and against you. I am no longer fit to be called your son anymore.” So he got up and started back to his father. As he was walking, his father noticed him and felt sorry for him. So he ran to him and kissed him. “Father, I have sinned against God and against you, I am no longer fit to be called your son.” But then his father said to his servants, “Go and bring the best robe and put it on my son. Put a ring on his finger and sandals on his feet. Go and find the fattened calf and kill it. Let’s have a feast for my son's home-coming. For he was dead and now he is alive! For he was lost and now he is found!” So they began the feast. Meanwhile, the oldest son was out in the paddock. He came back and heard music and dancing. He asked one of the servants, “What is going on?” The servant replied, “Your brother has come home and your father has killed the fattest calf, because he got him back safe and sound.” The older brother was very angry. His father came out and begged him to come in the house. But he said to his father, “Look, all these years I have worked for you like a slave, and I have never disobeyed you. What have you given me? Not even a goat for me to have a feast with my friends! But this son of yours  wasted all your property on prostitutes, and when he comes back home, you kill the fattest calf for him?!”. “My son” his father said, “you are always here with me, and everything I have is yours. But we had to celebrate and be happy, because your brother was dead, and now he is alive, he was lost and now he is found.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.