Pages

Thursday 31 December 2020

Tanerore - Week 1 Activity 3


Symbols and meanings I think my drawing has based on it's appearance:
The kowhaiwhai are Maori motifs, a decorative image or design, especially a repeated one forming a pattern. If you can spot that giant, circular kowhaiwhai cutting right the the middle centre, it points out that it could be some kind of bridge or wall for all of the life styles or type of mood we live in. For example, if some of us reading this has multiple personalities, one of the two could be shy type of person who doesn't like to show off much and keeps to themselves, and the other could be someone who enjoys making people laugh, and basically the clown of their friend-group. These personalities could have also been developed and improvised while growing up, if you're not a multi-personality type. The left side of the drawing represents a quiet, but disorientated life. You see, this person doesn't like to stand out too much, can also be seen as a bit clumsy and sticks to those he or she knows fully well. But when people start to get to know this person better, the kowhai plants start growing and bloom a beautiful yellow colour. The right side of this "masterpiece" can be represented as a person full of HUGE AMOUNTS of, well, happiness. But this person could also be seen as someone who leads a subtle and organised life. He or she is easy to approach, easy to talk to, easy to make friends with and makes you feel like you never want to leave their side. The repeated pattern points out that this person likes to have things their way, and likes the comfort of their home because they know where everything is and how everything operates. The drawings that kind of look like waves at the bottom of the page that goes from the left to right side in a curved kind of position is a little something I added because I love the sea. The line of upside down triangles on the top right side of the picture was drawn because I dream of going to Mount Fuji in Japan. And as for the little circular circles in random places of the art work was implanted so that big spaces in the picture wouldn't stand out that much, and also because I'd like to go to a place where it snows. If you're wondering why I haven't coloured it is, well, because I'm not very good with colour choices. And I'd like to look at it as a picture that's "not finished" because it also reminds us that for some of us young ones that life has a long way to go, and that opportunities are still yet to come. This goes for the older ones too, don't get the wrong idea :)

8 comments:

  1. Kia ora Roneeza,

    Fiona here from the Summer Learning Journey team.

    I am so impressed by the awesome kowhaiwhai pattern you have designed - ka pai! You have written an outstanding, in-depth description about the deeper meaning of your unique pattern. You have obviously put in a lot of effort here and you should be very proud of your mahi.

    I really like how you described that the lines of upside down triangles represent how you dream of going to Mount Fuji one day. Hold on to your dream and I’m sure you will get there!

    I am marking this as an outstanding blog post which means it will receive BONUS POINTS! He Whetu Koe! (You’re a star!)

    I’m looking forward to seeing more of your awesome work over the summer.

    Mā te wā,

    Fiona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Fiona! Thanks for your compliments and awarding me bonus points! I really appreciate it. And yes, I spent a little more time than usual thinking and improvising while writing down my description. Thank you for commenting on my blog, as well :)
      Kind regards, Roneeza

      Delete
  2. You did Amazing Job Roneeza, your design is so beautiful God Bless You and have a wonderful New Happy Year!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Giselle! Thanks for always having the time to comment on my blogs, even though I'm not posting enough like I used to :'). Blessings to you and your family and Happy Late New Year, too. :D
      Sincerely, Roneeza

      Delete
  3. Kia ora Roneeza, I appreciated the writing and explanations that accompanied your drawing. This encouraged me to focus on specific elements of your kowhaiwhai and the intended meaning.

    Leaving the colour out also worked for me too, in terms of highlighting the different elements.

    Great to see your post was awarded bonus points, well deserved.

    ka mau te wehi,
    Mrs Grant

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Mrs Grant,
      Thank you for commenting on my post, and for the bonus points too (thank you so very much). I'm glad that leaving my design without any colours worked out fine as I hoped :).
      Kind regards,
      Roneeza

      Delete
  4. Happy New Year Roneeza! What an amazing post! Your attention to describing detail never ceases to amaze me. The language you use reinforces your depth of knowledge and your ability to connect with your audience on a more emotive level.

    I look forward to seeing where your pathway leads you Roneeza.
    P.S. Regards to all you family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello again, Ms George :D
      You humble me with the way you describe my efforts in my work. Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post, and thank you for teaching for the past 2 years. I'll miss you and the rest of St Patrick's School :)
      Sincerely,
      Roneeza

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.