Pages

Friday 18 August 2017

Hamilton is a great place to go!

On a sunny Saturday morning, my family and I went to Hamilton to pick up the tools that my dad had purchased from Trademe to use for his work.

First, we got dressed and had some breakfast. We ate  some rice pudding and some buttered toast. The rice pudding was what I enjoyed the most, because it was nice and warm. It took us a very long time to get ready because we had to change our clothes as my mum didn’t think they would be warm enough. After a while, we were finally in the car ready to head to Hamilton.

After we arrived in Hamilton, we had a long, boring drive around Hamilton because my dad wanted us to have a look around the shops to see if we can find anything interesting. Soon we all felt hungry and our stomachs began to rumble so we decided to go to McDonald’s for some food. Charlize and I had mcflurries, she had M&M Mcflurry and I had cookies and cream Mcflurry. My grandmother had a double fish burger and a Big Mac. Tyrah and my dad had a soft serve each and and we all shared a packet of 20 chicken nuggets and four large fries.

After that, my dad drove us to our destination. My dad went inside a house and told us to wait in the car. While we were waiting, my mum, Tyrah and I played the ‘I spy’ game. It wasn’t long before my dad came back, and he was holding a black case. He told us that there were tools in it. After my dad carefully put the tool box in the boot of the car, we drove back home. My sisters and I thanked my parents for taking us to Hamilton and buying food for us to eat.

The part that I enjoyed the most about going to Hamilton was seeing the hotel which I lived when I was young. I also really loved the Mcflurry that I had, because it was my favourite flavour. I hope I can go to Hamilton again soon!

Learning Intention: We are learning to use the correct language features of a recount.
Success Criteria: I know I can do this when I write in the past tense and use sequencing words to describe my trip to Hamilton. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.